They built a house on Wisteria Lane, whereupon she discovered the genius of Martha Stewart, and set about creating her 21st century stepford life.
She has a passion for fashion, is bonkers for baking and hot for homewares. This blog follows her quest for the best.
She hopes you’ll be inspired to build a better wardrobe, turn your house into a home and escape somewhere fabulous (while paying off a mortgage and forging a career).
the modern day mrs, defined:
- shares her nest with a bangin boytoy/distinguished sugardaddy/hot hubby/dapper de facto/life partner.
- believes that dogs are little people with fur.
- works hard for her money and lives on a budget.
- dabbles in property, shares, shoes and handbags.
- possesses a wardrobe with multiple personalities (classic-preppy-vintage-edgy-boho-bombshell).
- buys the best she can afford and uses it every day.
- gets all hot and bothered about plastic containers, bakeware and recipes, though she may not actually use them.
- enjoys a good book. Sometimes it’s classic English lit, other times, raunchy harlequin novels.
- displays a healthy appetite, but wisely invests in her calorie bank.
- is partial to an alcoholic beverage on occasion. In fact, any occasion.
- accepts that exercise is a means to a skinny jeans end.
- has a few stamps in her passport and a spinner suitcase on standby.
- laughs at herself, often.