I adore LA. The Californian vibe resonates with this damsel from down under.
I’m unashamedly lured in by the palm lined streets, the year round sunny weather, and the prospect of venturing behind a velvet rope. I want to experience it all with a double shot in a non-fat Hollywood minute.
Eyes up. You just never know who you might bump into.
- Embracing your inner tourist by ticking the Kodak Theatre, the Walk of Fame, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Sign off the bucket list.
- Starting the day with an early morning hike at Runyon Canyon.
- Breakfast at Toast, Urth or the Griddle Cafe.
- An afternoon concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Wandering around the Grove and sampling the produce at the adjacent Farmers Market.
- Driving along Sunset Boulevard from Hollywood to Malibu.
- Sunday Brunch on the patio at the Polo Lounge, Beverly Hills Hotel.
- Getting glam at Blushington & Dry Bar.
- Admiring the art and architecture at the Getty.
- Soaking up the view of LA from the Griffith Observatory.
- Sampling sushi at Katsuya, Koi or Katana.
- Devouring the fennel sausage pizza at Pizzeria Mozza.
- Losing an hour or two at Wholefoods.
- Stalking a real housewife at Villa Blanca or Sur Lounge.
- Eating one’s way along West Third St – Little Door, Joan’s On Third, Magnolia Bakery.
- Boutique hopping on Melrose Avenue and Robertson Boulevard.
- Doing the Pretty Woman strut along Rodeo Drive.
- Taking the VIP backlot tour at Warner Bros.
- People watching at The Ivy.
- Chowing down at BOA (order the caesar, it’s quite the production).
- Maxing out the credit card at Westfield Century City, Beverly Centre and Third St Promenade.
- Quenching your thirst for old Hollywood with drinks at the Chateau Marmont.
Where to Stay
West Hollywood gets my vote. It’s clean, safe and central to the best LA has to offer.
- Bargain hunters will enjoy the inclusions at The Elan - breakfast, evening wine reception and wi-fi. Some packages also include parking which can cost up to $30 per day plus taxes and tips. Outrageous!
- Solid midrange options include The Andaz, The Sofitel and The London.
- If you packed your black amex head straight for the Hills (Beverly that is) and check in at the Montage, the Four Seasons or the SLS.
- For the traditionalists, classic and quirky old Hollywood awaits at the Chateau and the Beverly Hills Hotel.
#Tip - We shared this fantastic private vacation rental with friends on our last visit.
Got a burning LA question? Let’s hear it. I’m a resourceful little travelling ferret.